Friday, October 30, 2009
Also, check out my upcoming book Oral Sex She'll Never Forget, now available for pre-order at Amazon!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Tightening Our Purse Strings NOT Our Drawstrings: Why We Should Have More Sex in a Troubled Economy.
- Sex Relieves Stress. Orgasm contracts and relaxes all our muscles putting us in a relaxed state. Also, the neurotransmitter Dopamine which is released at the point of orgasm triggers a relaxation response which lasts up to two hours.
- Sex Increases Intimacy. Orgasm also releases Oxytocin, which helps us to feel bonded and connected.
- Sex is a Mood Enhancer. Orgasm also releasesendorphins and estrogine, which help improve mood and keeps us from depression.
- Sex is Free. Instead of going out for entertainment, stay in and have more sex. It won't cost you a thing and it's much more fun than whatever you were going to do anyways.
When times are tough, we often work harder meaning there is less time for sex. Here are some ideas to help:
- Shine light on the situation. Putting consciousness on the situation is a first step.
- Be in the moment. Sex is one of the best ways to help you to be in the here in now. However, if you do find yourself thinking about the office, carpooling the kids to school, or what you will eat for dinner, bring yourself back to present time.
- Put Sex on Your Calendar. Do I really mean that? Absolutely. Organizing your time and day to make time for your lover means that you care about your connection and needs. All too often, we have filled our lives with activities, and appointments. At the end of the day, we are too tired for some of the most important activities, sex. Putting it on the calendar makes space for it.
- Start Your Day of Right. Some of the best sex is early morning when our minds are not filled with stuff. Start your day off right by filling up with the magic of orgasm and sexual energy. Take this tip to heart and you will be the happiest person you know.
- Sexercise. You could make up some sexy callisthenic exercises (I have some) but what I am suggesting is making sex a part of your health and well being plan because it is just as important as exercise we engage in, the food we eat and the thoughts we hold.
Monday, October 5, 2009
The idea of "great sex" means different things to different people. As a Sexologist, it is my objective (and pleasure) to learn about what real people do sexually and how they feel about it.
As a writer, I enjoy reflecting this message in a sex positive way, incorporating the capacities and possibilities so we can all have the best sex of our lives.
Please join me in helping to create a great book. The information you share will (anonymously) be a part of a sexuality book to be published in March 2011.
Your contribution will help people to better understand each other, experience adventure, fun, communication, and connection with their lovers through sexual positions.
Your responses are completely anonymous and no one, not even myself, knows who responded to the survey. However, if you would like to be recognized in the acknowledgments, please send me an email to Dr.Sonia@TheHappyEndingsCompany.com
Again, my sincere thanks.
Much love and all the best to a healthy and happy sexuality,
Dr. Sonia Borg, Ph.D., M.P.H., M.A.
Certified as a Clinical Sexologist by the
American College of Sexologists
Survey For Men to Take
Survey For Women to Take